Thursday, December 22, 2011

ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL - WHICH SIDE ARE YOU ON - POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE ?

God connects with me in some of the most amazing ways but then I am a possibility thinker and I dare to ask you  ......ARE YOU ?
All the greatest achievements of man happened because of people who could foresee possibilities - even in a grain of sand - the building block of one of man's greatest creations - GLASS. Can you imagine your life without glass ?

Growing up I learnt this beautiful poem

All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small
All things wise and wonderful ... the Lord God made them all.

Each little flower that opens, each little bird that sings,
He made their glowing colours , he made their tiny wings.

The purple headed mountain, the river running by,
The sunset and the fountain that brighten up the sky.

He gave us eyes to see them and lips that we might speak
How great is God almighty ... who has made all things well.

Could you open your mind to accepting all creatures great and small as your guide ....as the medium that you select to communicate with God ? Its fascinating when you read my experiences, one of which I shall recount below for your reading pleasure :

I work out of a spare bedroom on the ground floor of my home which is like my little office and I do work for long hours in that room.

As my home is large and all of us have our own bedrooms I may well be working with nobody in my immediate vicinity for hours together. There is this little mosquito who lives in my room - mostly he's all alone too or sometimes he may have a companion. But to cut a long story short he acts like a watchdog over my thoughts. I often talk to him telling him that I appreciate that he does not bite me and keeps me company. And mostly he keeps flying around me but you should see him in action when my thoughts turn negative. He'll dive for my face and pretend to take a swipe at me. Then I realize that even when I am busy at my work - stray and random negative thoughts can take over my thinking. Then I immediately apologize to God and repeat firmly ...devil get off my back and say an atha ahu vairyo which prevents that negative thought from having a bad effect on me. I learnt this little trick from the Gathas which I am simplifying on my blog at :  http://zoroastrianism-firstreligion.blogspot.com.

Gosh ... as I went back to reread what I had just written he made his presence known reminding me to hurry up so that I go and start the day's cooking.

begood-forgoodnesssake

No comments: